Compliance with the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
In compliance with the requirements of the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010, as of December 20th, 2018, Skitter TV supports devices that:
- Include features that audibly describe certain on-screen menu functions to make them accessible to individuals who are blind or visually impaired; and
- Offer easy access to closed-captioning capabilities.
Using these devices, the blind and visually impaired may audibly access these essential functions on Set-top Boxes (STBs) / Remotes:
- Power On / Off
- Volume Adjust / Mute
- Channel / Program Selection
- Configuration – Setup
- Closed Caption (CC) Options (via button / key / icon)
- CC Control
- Display Configuration Info
- Input Selection
- Display Channel / Program Information
- Configuration – Video Description Control
- Playback Functions
Under the FCC order, Skitter TV has taken steps to ensure that we can provide an STB that supports this capability to customers requesting it, in a timeframe comparable to that of providing a typical STB.
If you require an STB that supports these accessibility features, please email us at FCC-Accessibility@Skitter.tv with your request, and provide the following information:
- Subscriber Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Subscriber Email Address
- Local Telecommunications Company that makes Skitter TV available in your area
You will be contacted with specific information regarding the receipt and installation of the requested equipment.
General question regarding Skitter TV’s accessibility features and compliance may also be directed to FCC-Accessibility@Skitter.tv.