Welcome to SKITTER TV!
Finally, there’s a way to profit from video!
- Skitter TV has introduced a very cost effective solution for the distribution of high quality video programming.
- Skitter TV, for the first time, offers local telephone, broadband and cable service providers a means of realizing actual profits from delivering video.
- Skitter TV is generally available throughout the Continental United States.
- Skitter TV manufactures, owns and operates Internet protocol television (IPTV) cable systems installed on the Members’ premises.
- Skitter TV’s is typically just a half-rack of hardware located at the Member’s location and is remotely monitored and managed from Skitter TV’s Network Operations Center. The Skitter TV system includes encryption, middleware, emergency alert, and content rights – everything needed for a top quality video system.
- Members provide space for the Skitter hardware, inbound and outbound connectivity, and support for marketing and billing.
- Skitter TV is the perfect alternative to expensive satellite and cable TV. It delivers all the latest features; plus, some that the big guys will never offer, like high school channels.
- Skitter TV is likely compatible with your current set-tops. Name your favorite: Amino, Entone and very soon ADB.
- In 2015, Skitter TV joined forces with Iowa Network Services (INS). INS is a statewide cooperative fiber optic network that serves 330 Iowa communities and 127 Independent Telecommunications Companies in Iowa.
- Skitter owns and operates a redundant national master headend on the premises of INS in Des Moines, IA.
- From the Skitter-INS headend we are able to interconnect with multiple state and national fiber networks. Today the Skitter–INS partnership has contracted to serve over 75 member companies nationwide. It’s just beginning.
- From Skitter’s master headend we distribute a wide array of video programming from the most popular national cable and sports channels, regional sports, local broadcast channels and even locally produced town hall, church and high school channels.
- Skitter TV is a full turnkey service with a minimal up-front membership fee. That’s it!
- Skitter TV’s and its Members’ income is derived from a simple profit share based on subscription fees. Members enjoy other profit from enhanced features such as HD and DVR fees, Caller-ID and others.
- Skitter TV negotiates retransmission agreements with local broadcasters, secures content agreements from national providers and handles regulatory filings. We form the content packages and handle the payment of all programming fees.
- In addition to content licensing, Skitter TV handles all the other licensing necessary for the IPTV operation. That includes licenses for such things as encryption, program guides, and middleware. And when there are technology updates, Skitter TV handles those at no additional cost to Members… The Skitter TV system is essentially “Future-Proofed!”
Skitter “Slice” – Live Local TV Over Broadband – Different from OTT
- The rising cost of video services has recently spawned a new type of subscriber. Skitter TV has its eye on the future. In an effort to satisfy the special needs of “Cord Cutters”-those subscribers who have chosen to opt-out of costly cable TV subscriptions, Skitter TV, with its “Slice” product, included with Skitter membership, offers a way for service providers to deliver a trimmed-down low cost package of local broadcast channels, community channels and other entertainment channels via Members’ closed-path broadband networks. While Slice is delivered fully encrypted and addressable, it can be delivered to set-top devices such as ROKU®.
- Telephone companies, cable operators and broadband providers seeking to lower their operating costs and streamline their operations, while offering the highest quality fully featured video services, have found the right place. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org